Well the summer has flown by and the holiday seems a distant memory already. I hope you have had some lovely times with your children. I trust you are all well and ready for the start of another exciting school year. The children, staff, parents and governors are all looking forward to a busy and engaging half term.
I would like to welcome all the new children who are starting their learning journey at Annie Lennard Primary School. We are pleased and proud that you have decided to entrust us with the responsibility to educate your child at the very start of their school career. Thank you. You will find the staff approachable and supportive ready to work alongside both you and your child so that they achieve their very best. It will be an exciting adventure.
We also welcome any children who are coming to us from other settings, we hope that your children settle quickly into the daily life of the school and make new friends. The children at Annie Lennard are a credit to the school and will be ready to make any newcomers welcome.
If your child has moved into a new year group, I am sure that they have already settled and they are already working hard.
Please feel free to approach our parent governors, Mr Simon Penn and Mr Elvis Nsengiyumva, if you have any suggestions or concerns that you feel need to be addressed or brought to the attention of the governors.
We are hoping that we will also be available at the forthcoming Parents Evenings in October.
Governor involvement this half term:
- Staff completed two Training Days at the beginning of the term. I attended the training on Maths for KS2, Maths is a focus for the school so we will be carefully monitoring the impact that this is having in class, in books on the approaches children take to maths and the impact the training has on approaches to teaching different aspects of maths.
- All Governors have been invited to Safeguarding training taking place this week
- There is a full governing body meeting at the end of September.
- There is a Learning Walk taking place for governors with a focus on maths.
- There are also a number of Health and Safety training sessions being made available to governors this half term.
- We also hope to publish our Governors Action Plan on the website.
In September we are reorganising our committees to enable us to be more effective in the decisions and actions we take as a governing board.
I will endeavour to publish a governor’s newsletter every half term, to keep you informed and involved.
I hope to see you in and around school and look forward to continue promoting the aims of an effective governing body
- That the school has clear direction and vision.
- That it holds the leadership of the school to account.
- That it seeks to look at the school’s performance financially in terms of money well spent.
Enjoy this first half term of the school year.
Chair of Governors