In this section
- Family Support
- COVID-19 Information
- OPERATION ENCOMPASS
- Attendance/Term dates
- School Data - Standards
- Online Safety
- SEN Provision
- School Prospectus
- School Admission Arangements
- COVID-19 Catch-up Premium
- Remote Learning - Offer & Information
- Pupil Premium
- Sports Premium
- Behaviour Policy
- School Times
- Lunchtime Arrangements
- What to do in bad weather
- Breakfast & After School Provision
- Equality Objectives/ Policy
Annie Lennard Primary School is committed to keeping our children safe. By providing a safe environment for children to learn and play and by identifying children who are, or may be, suffering harm, the school endeavor to ensure they are kept safe both at school and at home.
To achieve this, we have systems in place which are designed to:
- Creating and maintaining a safe learning environment.
- Identifying child welfare concerns and taking appropriate action.
- Using the curriculum to enable our children to develop keep safe strategies
- Creating a listening culture to hear the child’s voice
- Operating safe recruitment and selection procedures to prevent unsuitable people working with our children.
Anyone visiting the school shares the responsibility to keep children safe whilst on our premises and will be required to work within the guidelines of our safeguarding procedures.
If at anytime you have concerns about the welfare of a child Mrs. Natalie Crozier, the Designated Safeguarding Lead, should be contacted. In her absence please speak to Mrs. Jenny Rogman or Mrs Ellen Hadden.
For more detailed information, please ask to see our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy which is part of a set of policies designed to create a safe environment for our children. All of these policies are available on request.
For further information on protecting children please click on the icons below.
Safeguarding Guidance for Staff, Visitors & Volunteers
Annie Lennard Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of our children. It is a requirement that all staff, visitors, students and volunteers share this commitment.
We have a duty of care to our children to pass on any information about them, which is a concern to a Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) responsible for safeguarding.
Be aware of and alert to the potential abuse of children.
All Safeguarding and Child Protection issues or concerns must be reported to one or all of the following DSL members of staff.
Mrs Natalie Crozier
Mrs Jenny Rogman
Mrs Ellen Hadden
Family Support Worker
Mrs Sophie Groves
Child Protection Level 3 Trained
Miss Elle Kealey
Child Protection Level 3 Trained
If one of our pupils makes a disclosure to you; remain calm and reassure the child that they haven’t done anything wrong.
DO NOTpromise confidentiality; explain that you may need to tell someone.
If you need to clarify information, ask open ended questions “Can you tell me/ explain/ describe?”
Record the disclosure on a record of concern form (these can be found on the safeguarding board in the staff room, main office, safeguarding packs in every classroom, school hall) The information needs to be factually accurate and using the words of the child. Also include any emotions and body language the child is displaying.
Staff members are to record concern directly onto the MY CONCERN system.
DO NOT record your assumptions or interpretations.
The record must be signed and dated.
Pass the completed Record of Concern Form to a DSL immediately.
For further information on types of abuse and safeguarding at this school, please see the full policy document which is available in the school office, school website and staff room.
The Act Early websites for parents, families and people around the vulnerable to radicalisation with concerns are www.actearly.uk and https://www.counterterrorism.police.uk/actearlypartners/
Please always remember…
Don’t think “What if I’m wrong?”
Think “What if I’m right?”
- Name Size
- safeguarding guide for parents 0.29 MB
- Safeguarding Guidance for Visitors & Volunteers 0.13 MB
- Safeguarding Guidance for Staff 0.98 MB
- Working Together to Safeguard Children Statutory framework 0.35 MB
- safeguarding Policy Sept 2020 21 0.54 MB
- Keeping children safe in education 2020 Update January 2021 0.88 MB