What is Sports Premium?
The Government is providing funding of £150 million per annum for the academic years 2013/14 and 2014/15 to provide new, substantial primary school sport funding.
This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school Head Teachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of the Funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose they do this. Possible uses for the funding include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE.
- New or additional Change4Life sport clubs.
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport.
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport.
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games.
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport.
- Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs.
School Year 2015/ 2016
Annie Lennard School will receive approximately £8671.00
This year we are continuing to use the given money as we did last year, we intend to:
- Buying into our Sports coaching partners. These services will enable us to have a range of coaching facilities, competitions and school staff support.
- Improving ‘competition’ within school and developing interschool competition.
Continuing to develop ‘active’ clubs both after school and during lunch in an effort to try and reach a wider range of children.
- The remaining money we intend to spend on equipment, training and professional development for our staff both with outside training providers and 'in house' support between staff and between key stages.