URGENT INFORMATION - REGARDING CLOSURE OF NURSERY & RECEPTION
8th Dec 2020
Tuesday 8th December
Dear Parents and Carers
I have been notified that a pupil in the Nursery/Reception Bubble has tested positive for Covid-19. The child in question last attended school on Friday 4th December.
I have spoken to a representative from Public Health England who advised that only children and adults who have had direct contact with the child need to take action. As a result, we will be taking the following steps:
- All pupils in Nursery & Reception must self-isolate and stay at home for a period of 14 days. Therefore the children will be able to return to school on Friday 18th December.
- All staff working regularly in this bubble must also self-isolate.
- Siblings of children (unless a sibling of the positive child) in the Reception and Nursery bubble do not need to self-isolate as they have not come into direct contact with the child with Covid-19. These children are still able to attend school or other educational establishments.
- Parents of children in this bubble do not need to self-isolate as they have not come into direct contact with the child with Covid-19
- All other pupils do not need to self-isolate as they have not come into direct contact with the child with Covid-19. These children are still able to attend school due to maintaining their phase bubble over the course of the past 2 weeks. Maintaining these health and safety procedures has significantly reduced the impact of this positive case of Covid-19.
Nursery and Reception – Mrs Bavin and Mrs Brookes will be providing home learning for the period of isolation. As in lockdown work will be uploaded to the school website on a daily basis. Contact can be made with class teachers via the class email. If you require paper copies of work please contact school where we will make arrangements for you.
While I understand the impact and challenges of the self-isolation period as this means that the children must not leave the house, I must stress that these measures have been advised by Public Health England to ensure the safety and wellbeing of everyone at Annie Lennard. We want to put everyone’s health first and keep you as safe as we can.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Mrs Jennifer Rogman