URGENT INFORMATION - REGARDING CLOSURE OF YEARS 3/4
30th Jun 2021
Wednesday 30th June 2021
Dear Parents and Carers
I’m very sorry for the short notice. I have been notified that we have had a positive result on the Lateral flow test. The person in question last attended school on Tuesday 29th June 2021, making today day 1 of isolation of the 10 day isolation period for all of year 4 and year 3. Once we have the results of the PCR test I will update you to whether children can return or whether they will have to complete the 10 day period.
I have spoken to a representative from Public Health England who advised that only children and adults who have had direct contact with the child need to take action. As a result, we will taking the following steps:
- All pupils in Year 3 and 4 pupils must self-isolate for a period of 10 days. They must not leave home during this period.
- All staff working regularly in this bubble must also self-isolate.
- Siblings of children (unless a sibling of the positive child) in year 3, 4 bubble do not need to self-isolate as they have not come into direct contact with the child with Covid-19. These children are still able to attend school or other educational establishments.
- Parents of children in this bubble do not need to self-isolate as they have not come into contact direct contact with the child with Covid-19
- All other pupils do not need to self-isolate and they have not come into direct contact with the child with Covid-19. These children are still able to attend school due to maintaining their phase bubble over the course of the past 2 weeks. Maintaining these health and safety procedures has significantly reduced the impact of this positive case of Covid-19.
Home Learning will resume from 10.30 today via TEAMS as we did in the last lockdown. If you need a school laptop please contact the office and we will get one delivered to you as soon as possible.
While I understand the impact and challenges of the self-isolation period for the families involved, I must stress that these measures have been advised by public health England to ensure the safety and wellbeing of everyone at Annie Lennard. We want to put everyone’s health first and keep you as safe as we can.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Mrs N Crozier