In this section
- Family Support
- COVID-19 Information
- OPERATION ENCOMPASS
- Attendance/Term dates
- School Data - Standards
- Online Safety
- SEN Provision
- School Prospectus
- School Admission Arangements
- COVID-19 Catch-up Premium
- Remote Learning - Offer & Information
- Pupil Premium
- Sports Premium
- Behaviour Policy
- School Times
- Lunchtime Arrangements
- What to do in bad weather
- Breakfast & After School Provision
- Equality Objectives/ Policy
What is Sports Premium?
Annie Lennard Primary School has been awarded a Sports Premium Grant annually since 2013/14 academic year. The formula changed for the 2017/18 academic year, meaning school now receive approximately £18,151 per year, based on our current intake. This is double the amount that we had received prior to 2017/18.
The purpose of this government grant is to improve the provision of PE and sport within schools, with schools being given freedom to choose how best to spend the money in order to do this. The funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
Annie Lennard Primary has decided to spend the money awarded to develop the following areas during 2018/19:
Improving the quality of teaching and learning in P.E and other relevant subject areas.
Increasing participation in sporting activities outside of the core curriculum, during lunchtimes and after school.
Improving pupils’ lifestyles and physical wellbeing.
Improving the quality of teaching and learning
The school will use the Sports Premium grant to raise the standard of teaching and learning in PE by purchasing sports equipment and resources and investing in relevant training programmes.
External providers (Albion Foundation) will be used to work with members of staff, increasing confidence in planning and delivering effective PE lesson.
Increasing participation in sporting activities outside of the core curriculum
The Sports Premium grant will support the funding of an increased range of after school clubs for all ages. This also includes the cost of equipment and resources for these extra-curricular activities. It will also fund the costs of participation in competitions, including the cost of transport.
External Sports Coaches (Albion Foundation) will also be used to encourage participation in focused sporting activities during lunchtime.
We also promote inter school events and competitions, using some of the funding to develop sports teams who can compete with other schools in the area. The sports premium money will also help support travel costs to tournaments and competitions elsewhere.
Improving pupils’ lifestyles and physical wellbeing
As a result of increased sporting participation, Annie Lennard Primary School pupils will have improved health and well being, whilst also benefiting from all the other positive values that sport promotes. In addition to encouraging increased physical activity among pupils, we will also ensure that we teach children about healthy lifestyles.
There is a new condition requiring schools to publish how many pupils within the Year 6 cohort are meeting the national curriculum requirement to swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres, use a range of strokes effectively and perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.
- Name Size
- 2020 2021 spending plan for sports premium 0.05 MB
- 2021 2022 spending plan for sports premium 0.05 MB