1st Jan 1970
I have been notified that a pupil in the Year5/Year6 Bubble has tested positive for Covid-19. The child in question last attended school on Tuesday 10th November.
I have spoken to a representative from Public Health England who advised that only children and adults who have had direct contact with the child need to take action. As a result, we will taking the following steps:
- All pupils in Year 5 and Year 6 must self-isolate for a period of 14 days. Therefore the children will be able to return to school on Tuesday 24th November.
- All staff working regularly in this bubble must also self-isolate.
- Siblings of children (unless a sibling of the positive child) in the Year 5 and Year 6 bubble do not need to self-isolate as they have not come into direct contact with the child with Covid-19. These children are still able to attend school or other educational establishments.
- Parents of children in this bubble do not need to self-isolate as they have not come into direct contact with the child with Covid-19
- All other pupils do not need to self-isolate as they have not come into direct contact with the child with Covid-19. These children are still able to attend school due to maintaining their phase bubble over the course of the past 2 weeks. Maintaining these health and safety procedures has significantly reduced the impact of this positive case of Covid-19.
Year 5 and Year 6 – Mrs Groves and Miss Dixon will be providing home learning for the period of isolation. As in lockdown work will be uploaded to the school website on a daily basis. Contact can be made with class teachers via the class email. If you require paper copies of work please contact school where we will make arrangements for you.
While I understand the impact and challenges of the self-isolation period for the families involved, I must stress that these measures have been advised by Public Health England to ensure the safety and wellbeing of everyone at Annie Lennard. We want to put everyone’s health first and keep you as safe as we can.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Mrs Jennifer Rogman